Groton Ledyard Veterinary Hospital is dedicated to the health and well being of our community pets and pet owners. In order to reduce the chance of disease spread among clientele who may be at higher risk of serious disease and in the interest of reducing the risk of our staff and doctors developing illness (which would eliminate our ability to practice), we are implementing guidelines developed by the American Animal Hospital Association.
Our hospital is currently OPEN but our waiting room is CLOSED. We are currently offering mandatory car side services indefinitely until health officials determine the health risk in our area has been reduced. Patients will be collected from owners cars (owners remain in cars) and brought into the hospital for treatment. Phone orders will be delivered to client vehicles. Communication and payment will be handled by phone or car side utilizing social distancing.
- If you would prefer a face to face visit and your pet’s needs are not urgent, we would be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date. We can not predict the best reschedule date but recommend 3-4 weeks out at minimum.
- Please call us when you arrive at the clinic. Patients will still be seen by order of:
- appointment order
- “walk in” non-emergent.
- Please call ahead of time to order prescription diets. Food is flying off the shelves. If you plan on ordering more than usual, please give us advanced notice so we can ensure we are ordering enough for everyone.
- At this time, we are recommending that if you have a pet on any long term medications, you consider calling ahead to request an extended supply. We will need to order accordingly, so please give us at least 3 days’ advanced notice if doing so.
- Help support your local businesses during this difficult time. Through the month of March, we will be offering the following discounts (in addition to the specific brand offered discounts & free doses):
- -20% off 12 months of heartworm preventative
- -15% off 6 months or more of flea & tick preventative
(Pets must be up to date on physical exams & Rabies vaccines (& heartworm tests for dogs). Discount excludes Seresto collars, which are offering their own $15 mail-in rebate.)
- Please contact us with your questions or concerns. We are here to serve you and your pet’s best interests and we want to hear from you. If you or your pet’s have special circumstances, please let us know. We will make every effort to accommodate any special needs when we can safely do so.
- We will continue to post updates on our Facebook page so please follow us!
Thank you for your support & patience during this trying time.
Dr. Ross and the Staff of GLVH